Travel on this 16 day tour with Gecko's Adventures to Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. Expereince the warm, friendly welcome from the locals of this region on a tour designed for the adventurous traveller. Travel by a wide variety of local transport including bus, songthaew, tuk-tuk, Mekong riverboat, mini-van, train and pirogue (narrow canoe). Accommodation is in simple hotels and guesthouses.
- Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour, and professional local site guides at some sites.
- Sightseeing (including entrance fees where relevant): Bangkok – Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha and Wat Po; hundreds of Buddha statues in Pak Ou Caves; Kuang Si Falls; Vang Vieng Caves; Vientiane including Wat Si Saket; Vinh – the birthplace of Ho Chi Minh; and Hanoi – Hanoi Hilton (Hoa Lo Prison), One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature.
- Slow boat cruise down the Mekong River to observe local life, with a night in a simple hostel in Pakbeng – home to the Hmong and tribal Thais.
- Travel by private bus though remote countryside in Laos to the Stone Forest and Lak Sao – on the border with Vietnam.
- Overnight sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and ‘Reunification Express’ sleeper train from Vinh to Hanoi.
Beyond Mekong tour with Gecko's Adventures is priced from $1550 USD per person.