Archive for April, 2012
This 8 day Asia tour to India with G Adventures will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi, with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal—truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the Pink City and get a taste of village life in Abhaneri with its magnificent stepwells. This tour is priced from $699 USD per person, and includes the following:
- - Walk through Old Delhi-Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, Entrance and guided tours of Jaipur City Palace, of Amber Fort Palace, and of Fatephur Sikri. The Red Fort of Agra, The Taj Mahal, Entrance to l'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj), Walk in Abhaneri village
- - No meals are included. (Allow USD135-175 for meals not included)
- - Hotels/guesthouses (7 nts)
- - Charter bus, taxis, auto rickshaw, cycle rickshaw.
- - Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- - Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
Last week The Creators Project introduced us to Evacuated Tube Transport, which has been dubbed as 'Space Travel on Earth'. ET3 is a pattented tube capsule that can travel from New York to China is only two hours. Need we say more? When can we sign up? You can read more info at The Creators Project, or watch the below clip to get a quick glimpse into this latest proposed form of high speed travel.
A tour to Europe is a hot ticket this summer, and for those that enjoy spending some time in the sun along with sight seeing, this tour is a great pick. Sail the pristine waters of the Mediterranean with Travel Talk Tours and visit the popular sights of Greece and Turkey. Explore the Greek Islands then travel south along the Aegean Coast, capturing wonderful visions of Ancient cities before heading inland to experience the incredible natural marvels of Cappadocia, then explore the magnificent mosques of Istanbul. This Sail Greece and Turkey Tour with Travel Talk is priced from $1112 USD per person.
This tour includes:
- 7 nights in air-conditioned single, double and triple cabins in " A " category private boat with ensuite facilities
- 5 and 4 star hotels in Turkey
- 10 breakfasts, 6 lunchers, 3 dinners
- Transportation via air-conditioned non-smoking coach or mini-bus and deluxe gulet
- Services of experienced guide licenced by the Ministry of Tourism during the Turkey tours.
Last week Qantas Airlines announced it flew its first commercial flight with one engine running on bio-fuel cooking oil. This is a new trend in the aviation industry that is catching on quickly with many commercial airlines. With the price of oil almost doubling since 2006, it is necessary that Airlines are pro-active in finding new sources for fueling their planes in order to stay in business. KLM, Lufthansa and Finnair, are amoung other airlines that have tested flights using biofuel.
The best part about these new advances is the fact that there is potential for commercial flying to be a relatively cheap aspect of the expenses involved in traveling the world. Any Adventure Traveler loves an innovation that is cost effective for travel!
Today marks exactly 100 days until the 2012 London Olympics! It may difficult at the point to plan a trip to attend an event, but it is not too late to set yourself up to be in London during the games and experience the once in a lifetime atmosphere of an Olympic Games. Europe is always a hot destination during the summer months, and if you thinking of heading to London to catch the Olympic fever, then consider traveling on a tour to see a little more of the rest of Europe while you are there. A few tours to Europe to consider this summer:
Travels to: France, Switzerland, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium. Priced from: $3680 USD per person
Travels to: France, Spain, Switzeralnd. Priced from $715 USD per person *Price does not include accommodation, and lengh of tour is determinded by you. Hop on and off the buabout coach as you please.
Travels to: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany. Priced from $3005 USD
This 24 day tour around Europe with Topdeck Travel stays in a combination of hotels, hostels & bungalows, and is priced from $3090USD per person.
Visit 13 countries – France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands & Belgium.
This tour includes:
- 23 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 15 dinners
- 6 nights hotel upgrade, 10 nights in hostels, 7 nights in bungalows at European campsites
- English Channel ferry crossings
- Modern air-conditioned coach
- Sightseeing tours of all major cities
- Local guide in Florence
- Escorted services of a fully trained Trip Leader and Driver plus the services of Topdeck ‘On Site Chefs’ in Lauterbrunnen, Rome and Venice
Have you ever seen the movie The Game? It is a thriller made in the 90's starring Michael Douglas where his world is turned into a crazy adventure that seems like a reality. It got me thinking, is there such a thing as a travel adventure where you can throw yourself into a crazy scenario that seems real? Well, it appears that you can. After a little research we came across a French company based out of Paris that allows you to organize your own kidnapping, be chased as a fugitive, become a bounty hunter……the list goes on. The company is named Ultime Realite, and they will turn an ordinary day on the streets of Paris into a crazy adventure straight out of a movie scene.
So, if you have already bungee jumped, sky-dived, hiked the highest peak, and swam with sharks, then maybe this is the next adrenalin rush you are looking for!
Travel on this 16 day tour with Gecko's Adventures to Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. Expereince the warm, friendly welcome from the locals of this region on a tour designed for the adventurous traveller. Travel by a wide variety of local transport including bus, songthaew, tuk-tuk, Mekong riverboat, mini-van, train and pirogue (narrow canoe). Accommodation is in simple hotels and guesthouses.
- Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour, and professional local site guides at some sites.
- Sightseeing (including entrance fees where relevant): Bangkok – Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha and Wat Po; hundreds of Buddha statues in Pak Ou Caves; Kuang Si Falls; Vang Vieng Caves; Vientiane including Wat Si Saket; Vinh – the birthplace of Ho Chi Minh; and Hanoi – Hanoi Hilton (Hoa Lo Prison), One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature.
- Slow boat cruise down the Mekong River to observe local life, with a night in a simple hostel in Pakbeng – home to the Hmong and tribal Thais.
- Travel by private bus though remote countryside in Laos to the Stone Forest and Lak Sao – on the border with Vietnam.
- Overnight sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and ‘Reunification Express’ sleeper train from Vinh to Hanoi.
Beyond Mekong tour with Gecko's Adventures is priced from $1550 USD per person.